About this site

Welcome! I created this site to share what we've done, talk about what we plan to do, and exchange ideas with other folks who are on the same path as us. Join us in the fun of living at Chickaree Hill Farm!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Zucchini Pie

This recipe was a real find!  I have to admit that although zucchini is a staple in the vegetable garden, I have never been really crazy about it.  I don't like it cooked!  I don't mind it raw but it's hard to get through all that zucchini if you're just slicing it and eating it raw.

So I found a recipe for Zucchini Pie at allrecipes.com, one of my most favorite websites.  I have modified it to make it healthier and to use up more zucchini!  If you don't like zucchini (or have friends or family who don't), I guarantee that they will LOVE this pie!  I have served it to many people so far this summer, and almost every time I get asked for the recipe!  This recipe makes two pies, so eat one now and freeze the other for later!

2 9" unbaked pie crusts (ready-made graham cracker crust works great too)
4 c. zucchini (this is equivalent to one large or two smaller zucchini (peeled and cubed)
2 c. white sugar
3 eggs
3 T flour
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1T cinnamon

Topping (for two pies)
1 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
6 T butter, softened


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line 9-inch pie dishes with pie crust.
  2. Puree the zucchini and transfer to a bowl.  Whisk with eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.  Pour the mixture evenly into the two pie crusts.
  3. In a separate bowl make the topping.  Cut the softened butter with the brown sugar and flour to make coarse crumbs.  Sprinkle evenly over the pie filling.
  4. Bake until filling is set and topping is lightly browned, about 1 hour.  Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, suggestions, and ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...